AllofE Home K-12 Solutions Higher Education Solutions Business Solutions News and Events

AllofE Solutions

Friday, December 16, 2011

Meet Brandy Groff!

All week long the kitchen has been filling up with party supplies and the fridge has been getting stuffed full of food. Tomorrow it will all be gone though because tonight is our office holiday party! Tracy and Stacy arranged and rearranged the basement until they found just the perfect placing for all of the tables and decorations (and it looks awesome! - I'll share pictures later). There will be lots of yummy food, gift giving and games! It should be great fun!

So today I’m going to tell you a little bit about myself. As you probably know, my name is Brandy Groff and I’m from Iola, KS. I graduated from KU with a BA in German Language & Literature and also in Global & International Studies, plus a minor in Business. I am an Administrative Assistant, but my work extends far past secretarial duties. I work with social media, community outreach, website redesign and much more. I’m currently helping my manager do research related to getting our non-profit foundation started! What I like the most about AllofE is having so many different things to do, being able to learn new things and being able to work with such lovely people. In order to be fair on the next part, I randomly selected questions from each former employee highlight questionnaire and answered them myself. Continue reading if you are interested in seeing how I answered them!


  • What are some of your hobbies and interests? Traveling! (meeting new people, trying new foods, learning new things - just everything that goes along with it!), reading, writing, scrapbooking, playing tennis, spending time with friends & family, and volunteering.
  • Pepsi or Coke: Neither, I pretty much only like Diet Dr. Pepper, but I need to stop drinking so much of it!
  • Ninja or Pirate: Pirate for sure.
  • What is your favorite music genre? I really like several different kinds of music. Depending on my mood, I can jam out to pop, country, rap, jazz, classic rock, etc but my favorites are probably alternative rock, indie rock and hip hop.
  • Night Owl or Early Bird: I can be both, but I prefer to be an early bird.
  • Would you rather be on Dancing with the Stars or X-Factor ? I absolutely hate singing because I know how awful I am at it and I wish I could dance, so Dancing with the Stars.
  • If you had to trade lives with an animal for a day, which animal would you choose and why? Well...the first thing that comes to mind is a squirrel. They can climb anywhere and do crazy acrobatic tricks lol. I once saw a squirrel lounging on a narrow horizontal rail with his whole tail, belly and head resting on the rail and his legs dangling off each side. He was just sleeping like that! It was the cutest thing ever. I ran to get my camera and when I came back he had scurried away.
  • What are your top 3 favorite smells? Fresh cut grass on a cool spring day, fresh air after it rains or in the mountains, and coffee in the morning.
  • What was one food you hated as a child, but love now? Oh I have three big ones...onions, mushrooms, and spinach! I eat them all so much now.
  • Take a bath in a tub full of jelly fish or sun bath at a bee farm with a sweet scented tanning lotion? Bee Farm for sure...I’m not sure I could survive in a tub full of jelly fish and if I did, I would not want to have to get peed on by all my friends and/or family. That would just be awful and awkward.
  • Eat snails or eels? I don’t think I could eat either and if I tried, I’d immediately throw them back up.
  • What do you think of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zljRWsJ6c2o ? “Ahhhhhhhhhh!” I hate how they support and encourage unhealthy eating by giving free meals to people over 350 lbs. I wish that the names of the burgers, like “Triple Bypass” would deter people from eating them instead of encourage them. Of course I understand how people have a craving for unhealthy fast food from time to time, but I don’t think it should be a regular meal choice or that people should think of their health as something they don’t need to care about because there are medicines and surgeries out there that may provide a “quick fix.”
  • What is your favorite restaurant in Lawrence and why? I have more than one! Rudy’s Pizzeria, India Palace, Zen Zero, Panera and Chipotle.
  • Mac or PC? PC, but I could probably learn to like a Mac too if I had one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home