AllofE Home K-12 Solutions Higher Education Solutions Business Solutions News and Events

AllofE Solutions

Friday, October 28, 2011

Meet Drew Manderfeld!

I cannot believe that October is already coming to a close. The beautiful fall that we started with has suddenly slipped away and now heaters are turning on and winter coats coming out. We’ve been busy this week in the office with Halloween Treat Week and while in the past people have simply bought candy and the mound has grown to an enormous height by the end of the week, this year it seems people are branching out a bit more by baking cookies and muffins and buying cakes, pumpkin bread and cider. We’ve pretty much been on a sugar overload all week. Other office events include the info session we had last Wednesday at KU, from which we hope to gain some new talent to add to our growing company and the Halloween costume party and luncheon we will be having next Monday, which should be lots of fun.



As for now, it is time to meet our computer science intern from Overland Park, Drew Manderfeld. Drew will be graduating from KU this spring with a BS in Computer Science and after graduation Drew says he plans to go on full-time here at AllofE. When asked what Drew enjoyed the most about working at AllofE he said, “Being able to work alongside such talented and smart people. It is a huge advantage and keeps everyone striving to be at the top of their game.” Drew, like the rest of us, is involved in multiple projects, but his main focus is Matrix where he is translating assortments of student data into useful and readable information. Get to know Drew a bit better by how he answered the following questions:

What are some of your hobbies and interests?

I love soccer, but I rarely get to play anymore so instead I have season tickets to Sporting Kansas City. I enjoy other sports as well and am very disappointed I can’t play vAllOfEball this season due to class, but I think I’ll be back next season!

If you could do anything (your imagination is the limit) what would you do and why?

This might be a little out there but I believe there are multiple paths to happiness so I would love to be able to live two lives at once; one being my current life and another being a professional soccer player or something. There is always so much I want to do I feel like I need two lives.

What song would you choose to sing at a Karaoke bar if you had to sing something? I can’t sing well but I always end up singing and dancing to ‘When the Going Gets Tough’ by Billy Ocean.

Would you rather be on Dancing with the Stars or X-Factor (American Idol)?

I can’t dance or sing so I’d be better suited for Programming with the Stars or something.

If you had to trade lives with an animal for a day, which animal would you choose and why?

I think I’d go small like an ant or something. Stuff would be so amazing when you are so tiny. I’ve also always wanted to eat a giant Oatmeal Crème Pie like in Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween with friends and Christmas with the family.

What is #1 on your Christmas wish list this year?

A long-sleeve Sporting KC home jersey.

Sky diving or bungee jumping?

I want to do both!

Extra pair of eyes or extra pair of ears?

Extra pair of eyes, my vision is horrible.

Eat 10 live worms or 20 dead flies?

10 live worms easy.

Naturally purple skin or naturally green skin?

Green I suppose.

Moped or Segway?

My girlfriend wants a moped so I’ll go with that, I’m happy with a car.

Mac or PC?

PC 100%

Thanks Drew! I hope everyone has a safe, fun and happy Halloween weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home