AllofE Home K-12 Solutions Higher Education Solutions Business Solutions News and Events

AllofE Solutions

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meet Zach Gardner!

As I was on my way to work this morning, I was catching up with my mother on the phone when all of the sudden a fat hairy spider fell onto my steering wheel. I freaked out a little; my mom asked if I was okay and at that moment the spider started to move so I hastily replied no and hung up in order to focus on how I was going to get him away from my hand. I ended up grabbing the white cardigan that I planned on wearing at work in order to kill him, because that was all I had around. I was at a stop light as I jabbed at the spider and ended up honking my horn really intensely. Then the light turned green and traffic started going, but I was distracted so I delayed a few seconds. When I did start to go I pressed too hard on the pedal in order to catch up with traffic and ended up screeching my tires. I’m pretty sure that everyone around me thought I was an unfit driver. When I got to work, I couldn’t find any spider remains on my cardigan or on the wheel. I did make it to work on time and as far as I can tell…I’m still an average human being. Guess it is going to be just another normal day…until I have to drive home again.

However, I want to shift the focus away from my arachnophobia and introduce you to another one of my co-workers, Zach Gardner. Zach was raised in Lawrence, Kansas and graduated from KU with a BS in Computer Science. He is a web developer at AllofE and is currently working on Matrix 5 (which means he will be my new partner in crime as Matrix is also my focus). When asked what he liked most about working at AllofE, he said, “The ability to create. Some people use paint, some use ink, some use steel, and some use food as their medium. I use computers.” When Zach is not working, he enjoys cooking and helping plan for his wedding which is coming up in June of 2012. Check out how Zach answered some of my other questions:

  • If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? Foresight. A power that could help me go 24 hours and make every correct decision is worth its weight in gold.
  • If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Boleyn Ground, London. I've been a fan of West Ham United, a soccer team in England, for the past 4 years, and I've never seen them in person.
  • What is one food that you could never live without? Pizza.
  • What is your favorite music genre? Hip-hop.
  • Night Owl or Early Bird? Early Bird.
  • Taco Bell or Burger King? Neither.
  • Christmas or Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving.
  • 8 Babies or 12 Dogs? Dogs.
  • No Legs or No Arms? Legs.
  • No Taste or No Hearing? Taste.
  • Mac or PC? PC.
  • iPad or Laptop? Laptop.

I just want to point out how comical it is that Zach would choose between either having no legs vs. no arms and between no taste vs. no hearing, but he would not choose between Taco Bell or Burger King. Haha, anyway thanks Zach! Have a great week everyone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home