AllofE Home K-12 Solutions Higher Education Solutions Business Solutions News and Events

AllofE Solutions

Friday, December 9, 2011

Meet Katie Bradshaw!

Despite the cold weather, we haven’t seen our first real snow yet and that is fine by me! Last week we put up and decorated the company Christmas tree. It pretty much took fourteen people, a plastic pole and 50 branches. Despite having only three strands of lights, we had an overload of ornaments and ribbon to compensate; the beast turned into a beauty. Afterwards we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings to enjoy cheap wings and each other’s company. It was also a dinner that concluded the end of our winter volleyball season, which – needless to say – we were the number one worst team. So we drank a beer to forget. Next season, we’ll aim for three wins; it is important to try to improve your score each season.

Then the next day, Bryce and Morgan treated us to a wonderful Indian-themed lunch as a part of the monthly Cooking with Culture event that we have recently brought into the office. We were all salivating at our desks while the aroma filled the office and hung enticingly in the air for hours…or so it seemed. It tasted as yummy as it smelled! I can’t wait to see which culture will be represented next.



In true blogging tradition, I’d like you to get to know another coworker, but you probably already know a little bit about her if you’ve been reading our blogs for a while. Her name is Katie Bradshaw, formerly known as Katie Brosious. It was her recent marriage and not any obsession with Carrie Bradshaw that led to the name change. Katie is from Keller, Texas, but went to college at KU where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Master of Business Administration. Katie is a Marketing Analyst and Social Media Director at AllofE. When asked what she likes most about working here, she says, “I have a lot of freedom to do different things and work in different areas – and I get to work on things where my strengths are put to good use.” Katie is currently working on marketing and implementing CatalogM, the MIAA/MSSAA Members Only project, SMASHUP and recruitment. Check out how Katie answered the following questions to get to know her better.


What are some of your hobbies and interests?

I like athletic things that don’t require any hand-eye coordination (since I have none), like swimming, running and biking. I ran my first triathlon in March and plan to do another one next year, and/or a half marathon.

I love traveling and wish I had more time (and money) to do it – so I mostly road trip it up with my husband and Golden Retriever, Murphy, I love spending time with them and visiting our family which is completely scattered across the country from coast to coast, border to border.

What is one thing you wish you had right now?

I wish I had bring your dog to work day every day.

Do you like summer or winter better?

I would say fall if it was an option, but I’ll pick summer over winter.

If you were going to be a musician, what genre of music would you play?

Country (Specifically Texas country. Yeah, I said it.)

What is one of your biggest pet peeves?

When people smack their mouths while chewing gum, or chewing anything for that matter.

If you saw this spider in the corner of your bedroom, what would you do immediately upon seeing it, then how would you get rid of it?

I would go into panic mode, then suck it up with a vacuum, or make my husband get it (more than likely the second option).



What is your least favorite kind of food and why?

I’m a bit of a foodie and like most different things…but maybe Russian or slavic? It’s the least appetizing to me.

Would you rather vacation in South Africa or Vietnam?

South Africa

Eat caramelized maggots or chocolate covered June bugs?

Chocolate Covered June Bugs

What are some of the top things you want to accomplish before you die?

Travel-related: I want to visit every state in the U.S., and go to Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, England, Switzerland, Brussels and Monaco.

Other: I’d like to run a marathon (at least a half), and maybe do an Ironman triathlon someday if I work up the guts and discipline to train for it.

Would you rather live in space or in the ocean (provided that there are living facilities in both locations)?

Ocean, without a doubt.

If you had to choose one restaurant to eat at for a year, which restaurant would you choose?

715 Restaurant in Downtown Lawrence

What is your favorite thing about Lawrence?

I love downtown and the dog park – Lawrence summers when all the students are gone and there’s stuff going on all the time downtown are the best. Also, KU basketball, duh.

Mac or PC?

I prefer Macs at home, but PCs at work.

Thank you, Katie! For those AllofE employees and other locals that will be participating in the Lawrence Jingle Bell Run, good luck and stay warm! Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home