Schoole Awards Contest for Best District Web site
Recently, we launched a Splash page to promote a contest for the best school district Web sites, aka, The Schoole Awards. You can view all of the details about the contest at http://schoole.allofe.com. Here's a quick run-down of the contest:
What is it?
- The Schoole Awards will give us a chance to recognize school districts that deserve to be recognized for the best Web site practices.
- We want to show how technology can be used to enhance information sharing and communication.
- We want to show how design plays in the role of building an effective Web site.
- We want to provide a place where districts can show off their Web sites, and get rewarded for them.
- We want to showcase school districts that are using technology to the best of their abilities to the benefit of those who need it most: students.
How will it work?
The contest is comprised of three phases, beginning in mid-March.
- Phase 1 will be the nomination phase, where anyone can nominate a district for the best district Web site. Districts may be public, private or charter. Only one nomination per valid e-mail address will be allowed.
- Phase 2 is the selection phase, where our panel of industry experts will select the top 15 school district Web sites. Using a rubric, the district sites will be ranked, so that the top 15 go to the next phase.
- Phase 3 is the voting phase. Only one vote per valid e-mail address. The school district site with the most votes is the winner!
Why should I nominate or vote for my district?
- The top two winning districts will receive donations for the department responsible for managing the district site, along with plaques commemorating the achievement for the top three districts.
- The top three winning districts will also receive exposure through key media outlets, including social networking sites, feature stories and press releases on AllofE.com, and more.
- Follow us for updates on Twitter @allofek12
- View the contest site at http://schoole.allofe.com
- Or send any questions to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org